Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You Call It Madness, But I Call It Love

"The great aim of every human being is to understand the meaning of total love. Love is not to be found in someone else, but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person. The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with." - Paulo Coelho

"Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle" - Amy Bloom

"Him that I love, I wish to be free -- even from me" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"I love thee, I love but thee
With a love that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold,
And the stars grow old..." - Bayard Tailor

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love" - Albert Einstein

"You call it madness, but I call it love" - Don Byas

"Whoso loves, believes the impossible" - Elizabeth Barret Browning

"To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia -- to mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god or an ordinary young woman for a goddess" - H.L. Mencken

"No one is perfect until you fall in love with them" - Andy Rooney. Just like when Laila being asked by them "why do you love Majnun so much? He is just an ugly poor man", Laila replied, "You have to see him with my eyes"

"If I know what love is, it is because of you" - Herman Hesse

"Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then" - Katharine Hepburn

"Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important" - Lisa Hoffman. I like it because she said love is irrational :)

"After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her" - Adam's Diary

"To live in this world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go" - Mary Oliver. Oh nooo! so sad to let it go when the time comes to let it go hikss

Love is more than just a feeling: it's a process requiring continual attention. Loving well takes laughter, loyalty, and wanting more to be able to say, "I understand" than to hear, "You're right." - Molleen Matsumura

"Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I am beautiful because you love me?" - Oscar Hammerstein II

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death" - Robert Fulghum. What do you think about this sentence?

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up this whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life..." - Rose Walker

"I love you
Not only for what you are
But for what I am
When I am with you" - Roy Croft

"Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded.
Someone sober will worry about events going badly.
Let the lover be" - Rumi

"Where there is love, there is pain" - Spanish Proverb

"Where there is great love, there are always miracles" - Willa Cather

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you" - William Arthur Ward

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired" - Robert Frost

"They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love" - William Shakespeare

----------

"I should tell you how I really feel, but I'm afraid of what you might say..."

1 comment:

Sachin Kumar said...


What a wonderful compilation of Love Quotes you have here. I really love the romantic Quotes,
and especially its captivating essence - really a superb quote. Thank you for sharing anyway, I really appreciated it.