Friday, July 18, 2008

Wedding

Just like most women... I dream about a beautiful wedding of mine. When I decided to know a man better, it means that since the first place I have put a vision of having him standing beside me on my wedding. Below is a wedding poem by Jalaludin Rumi, a great sufi who was in love with God. I think what he means by "wedding" here is the death, because our death is a wedding with the eternity... a union with God. But let me borrow his beautiful words for just a simple wedding for two human souls.

----------

May these vows and this marriage be blessed.
May it be sweet milk,
this marriage, like wine and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade
like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter,
our every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion,
a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name,
an omen as welcome
as the moon in a clear blue sky.
I am out of words to describe
how spirit mingles in this marriage


No comments: